The market.
The day before yesterday (yesterday to my friends in the states) I went to a market in Manila with Kellie, Camilla and another expatriate. I guess it's a famous market, however I could not tell you the name without asking Camilla or Kellie. We shopped and I took some pictures:
This is a Jeepnee, they are everywhere in the Philippines. A sort of public taxi they are the main form of transportation for many Filipinos.

I saw this alley... and the girls and I thought we'd see what was back there. Whops. Out of the picture on the left is a rat that's body is 6" long. The path is a series of boards over nasty water that splashes up when you walk over them. The kicker is that that white box on Camilla’s left is a coffin, which with its glass top allows you to see the dead dude inside. We did not stay long.

Some of the gorgeous produce stands in the market.

Who would buy a frog skin purse anyway?

Lots of people.

Friendly bag boys who wanted their picture taken.
This is a Jeepnee, they are everywhere in the Philippines. A sort of public taxi they are the main form of transportation for many Filipinos.

I saw this alley... and the girls and I thought we'd see what was back there. Whops. Out of the picture on the left is a rat that's body is 6" long. The path is a series of boards over nasty water that splashes up when you walk over them. The kicker is that that white box on Camilla’s left is a coffin, which with its glass top allows you to see the dead dude inside. We did not stay long.

Some of the gorgeous produce stands in the market.

Who would buy a frog skin purse anyway?

Lots of people.

Friendly bag boys who wanted their picture taken.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home