Boracay
The day after Thanksgiving David, Kellie, Matt and several other expats from Manila meet in Boracay for the weekend. We flew from Manila to Caticlan on Panay Island, which is not much more than an airport and boat terminal, then got on a pump boat to Boracay. When you arrive in Boracay be sure to be wearing shorts because the boat drops you off about 15 feet from the water’s edge.
Boracay is a little island: a couple hills several kilometers apart with a narrow strip of sand and jungle running north-south between them. White Beach is on the west (leeward) side of the island, and is probably the best-known beach in the Philippines. Clear, shallow, blue water bordered by fine white sand stretches for 3 kilometers. At the top of the beach, behind several meters of palm trees, is the sand path that is the pedestrian thoroughfare running by resorts, restaurants, dive shops, etc.
While in Boracay we did things appropriate for a tropical island: read books on the beach, swam, sunbathed, ate, drank cocktails while watching the sunset, etc. Matt finished up his scuba certification, princess 1 (Kellie) and princess 2 (Rachel) had a day at the spa, and I had three days of kite boarding lesions. For the five days spent there I have the following: a bit of a tan, scars on my knees from being dragged across coral by a big kite, a higher chance of developing skin cancer, a card that says I still need kite boarding lesions, and some very nice memories.
When it was nice out I was not towing my camera… so there aren’t allot of pictures of my stay in Boracay:
Sand castle on White Beach:

The sunset reflected in clouds:

Rainstorm from my hut:

White beach:
Boracay is a little island: a couple hills several kilometers apart with a narrow strip of sand and jungle running north-south between them. White Beach is on the west (leeward) side of the island, and is probably the best-known beach in the Philippines. Clear, shallow, blue water bordered by fine white sand stretches for 3 kilometers. At the top of the beach, behind several meters of palm trees, is the sand path that is the pedestrian thoroughfare running by resorts, restaurants, dive shops, etc.
While in Boracay we did things appropriate for a tropical island: read books on the beach, swam, sunbathed, ate, drank cocktails while watching the sunset, etc. Matt finished up his scuba certification, princess 1 (Kellie) and princess 2 (Rachel) had a day at the spa, and I had three days of kite boarding lesions. For the five days spent there I have the following: a bit of a tan, scars on my knees from being dragged across coral by a big kite, a higher chance of developing skin cancer, a card that says I still need kite boarding lesions, and some very nice memories.
When it was nice out I was not towing my camera… so there aren’t allot of pictures of my stay in Boracay:
Sand castle on White Beach:

The sunset reflected in clouds:

Rainstorm from my hut:

White beach:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home